Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Marith Marith is offline

Default Data disappears when I edit the chart.

nI have a x-y chart created from a spreadsheet made last year. There are 5
data series plotted in different color symbols. Now when I try to edit it
(change the source data columns), one of the symbol sets for one series just
flat disappears--though it is still shown in the legend. There is no
difference in the number ranges between the sets so it's not an axis-scale
problem. I have copied all the data into a new xls file and re-created the
graph. All the data points show up except for that one series--even though
its label shows up in the legend, no points. I have made sure that all the
source numbers are formatted as numbers. I have been a major Excel user for
15 years and have never encountered this.