Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Show Series Name

Hi
I have a line graph showing 24 months of data. As the colours begin to
repeat themselves it is difficult to tell which series is which. I would just
like to have, on the chart next to each series something showing the series
name. I am using Excel 2007 and the option to show series on the more data
labels option shows series name on every data point. given that I have over
30 data points and 24 series the chart looks messy. is there a simple waty to
show series name next to each line/
Thankyou
Rup
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

€œI would just like to have, on the chart next to each series something
showing the series name.€

In EXCEL 2007 for the above take the following actions:-

Click the series on the Chart itself. This will highlight the series.

CharTools / Layout / Data Labels / More Data Label Options / Label Options
at the top on the left hand side should be highlighted in orange / on the
right hand side, under Label Contains, place a tick in the Series Name box
and make sure that there are no ticks in the Category Name or Value boxes /
Close

Your chart will now have the Series Names placed onto the chart itself.

Thanks.

"Rupster" wrote:

Hi
I have a line graph showing 24 months of data. As the colours begin to
repeat themselves it is difficult to tell which series is which. I would just
like to have, on the chart next to each series something showing the series
name. I am using Excel 2007 and the option to show series on the more data
labels option shows series name on every data point. given that I have over
30 data points and 24 series the chart looks messy. is there a simple waty to
show series name next to each line/
Thankyou
Rup

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Sorry, ignore my previous posting as I have now realized it was what you have
already done.

I have posted a chart to:-

http://www.pierrefondes.com/

Item number 48 towards the top of my home page.

This is pulled directly from MS documentation.

I hope that this might help you.

If it does please click Yes.

Thanks.

"Rupster" wrote:

Hi
I have a line graph showing 24 months of data. As the colours begin to
repeat themselves it is difficult to tell which series is which. I would just
like to have, on the chart next to each series something showing the series
name. I am using Excel 2007 and the option to show series on the more data
labels option shows series name on every data point. given that I have over
30 data points and 24 series the chart looks messy. is there a simple waty to
show series name next to each line/
Thankyou
Rup

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

The chart you show just has a legend. I do not want a legend as I have too
many series and the colours begin to repeat. want the series name on the
chart next to the series - perhaps by the first data point.