Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default How do create a basic line chart using Excel?

I am trying to create a basic 2 dimensional line chart using the following
data:

X-axis Y-axis DATA DATA
"Rating" "Time" "Rating" "Time"
5 02:00.0 5 02:00.0
4 02:04.7 5 02:08.6
3 02:09.5 4 02:17.2
2 02:14.2 4 02:19.1
1 02:18.9 4 02:28.0
02:23.7 4 02:28.2
02:28.4 4 02:29.2
02:33.2 4 02:33.1
02:37.9 3 02:36.9
02:42.6 3 02:41.2
02:47.4 3 02:42.1
02:52.1 3 02:44.2
02:56.8 3 02:48.8
03:01.6 3 02:48.9
03:06.3 3 02:50.6
03:11.1 3 03:00.2
03:15.8 3 03:02.9
03:20.5 3 03:04.9
03:25.3 3 03:05.7
03:30.0 1 03:30.0

I would like to be able to lable each axis and each data point.

This is the very first time I have tried charting using Excel and obviously
I am missing something very basic.

Thanks,
Ksean
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

The problem is XL goofy labeling system. What you actually want is called an
XY scatter chart. Select your right two columns of data (the left two are not
needed). Create an XY- scatter chart, include a line if desired to connect
the points.

Now, format the X-axis to go from 1 to 5, with an increment of 1.
Format the y-axis to go from 0:02:00 to 0:03:30
--
Best Regards,

Luke M