Old January 21st 10, 08:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Pivot Chart Legend editing?

How can I edit the legend in a Pivot Chart in Excel 2007? Or, if thats not
possible, can I edit the data titles in the values field?

Ex: the field is titled Amount Awarded. In the Pivot Field List-Values it is
"Sum of" or "Count of Amount Awarded". How can I edit out "Sum of" or "Count
of" so it doesn't appear in the chart?

Old January 22nd 10, 03:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On your pivot table, edit the data field heading, and change the name. Since
"Amount Awarded" is already reserved as the name of the data, you'll have to
cheat and make the name something like "Amount Awarded " (note the extra
space).
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

Old April 3rd 13, 03:03 PM
Junior Member

Hi there,

I am quite new to the Pivot world and am looking for exactly this, i.e. to change the legend name in the Pivot chart.

However, when following the advice here it only works as long as I have keep the selected fields the same. In other words, once I deselect a field and then select it again it the legend name again appears as "Sum of..."

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke M View Post

Old November 11th 14, 01:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Friday, January 22, 2010 1:24:02 AM UTC+5:30, srpd wrote:
How can I edit the legend in a Pivot Chart in Excel 2007? Or, if thats not
possible, can I edit the data titles in the values field?

Ex: the field is titled Amount Awarded. In the Pivot Field List-Values it is
"Sum of" or "Count of Amount Awarded". How can I edit out "Sum of" or "Count
of" so it doesn't appear in the chart?

Hi,
After editing pivot field there is message "Pivot Table field name already exists" appears. How to prevent this message.