Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default How to Plot This Data?

I am working in Excel 2007 and am having a hard time ploting this data.
I have the following titles with associated dollar amounts and need to have
the Titles show up on the X axis with the data showing vertically above each.

I tried a scatter diagram but then it plots each dollar amount as a separate
series. What I want is Title 1 and then $15 and $12 plotted vertically with
same symbol like it would show up horizontally on a line chart.

Title 1 $15.00 $12.00
Title 2 $5.00 $6.00
Title 3 $8.00 $4.00
Title 4 $2.00 $6.00

--
Catrina
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Make a Line chart; select the subtype that displays only makers (points)
without lines
Do you want the 12 of Title 1 to be 12 units above the 15, or 12 units above
zero. If the first, chose the 'stacked' subtype
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Catrina" wrote in message
I am working in Excel 2007 and am having a hard time ploting this data.
I have the following titles with associated dollar amounts and need to
have
the Titles show up on the X axis with the data showing vertically above
each.

I tried a scatter diagram but then it plots each dollar amount as a
separate
series. What I want is Title 1 and then $15 and $12 plotted vertically
with
same symbol like it would show up horizontally on a line chart.

Title 1 $15.00 $12.00
Title 2 $5.00 $6.00
Title 3 $8.00 $4.00
Title 4 $2.00 $6.00

--
Catrina

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi Catrina.

I have just put up a chart for you at:-

www.pierrefondes.com

It is item number 43 towards the top of my home page.

There are 2 graphs in my file. I think that you want the one in the
foreground but am not sure.

I must admit I am not clear of your requirement but hope the file I have put
up for you is what you want.

If it isnt maybe you could explain further in terms of the chart that I
have put up so that we can help you out a bit more.

Please hit Yes if my comments have helped.

Thanks.