Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Nested graph

I am trying to create a column graph with three variables: month (jan, feb
.... dec), site (site 1, site 2) and action (action 1, action 2). I want the
month on the X axis and have two columns, one with action 1 & 2 for site 1,
and the other with action 1 & 2 for site two. I tried the "Stacked Column"
feature which is close to what I want but not quite. I want jan data for site
1 & 2 to be right next to each other (no space). I also want to differentiate
the colors/patterns for the sites: I want each site to have its own color.
Right now I have two colors: one for action 1 and the other for action 2.
Does anyone know how to do that with Excel 2003? Thanks so much!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

For work around to create cluster+stack see,
http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/clu...column-charts/

Cheers
Andy
--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Catherine" wrote in message
I am trying to create a column graph with three variables: month (jan, feb
... dec), site (site 1, site 2) and action (action 1, action 2). I want
the
month on the X axis and have two columns, one with action 1 & 2 for site
1,
and the other with action 1 & 2 for site two. I tried the "Stacked Column"
feature which is close to what I want but not quite. I want jan data for
site
1 & 2 to be right next to each other (no space). I also want to
differentiate
the colors/patterns for the sites: I want each site to have its own color.
Right now I have two colors: one for action 1 and the other for action 2.
Does anyone know how to do that with Excel 2003? Thanks so much!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Thank you for the info. I am however still stumped because I work for the
military and they won't let me download any charts. I can't even watch the
tutorials because I can't have QuickTime either. Do you have any other
solutions?
Thank you.
Catherine

.