Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Excel 2007 chart line types

Hi,

When using Excel 2003, I was able to copy charts, and then paste them into CorelDraw as metafiles, ungroup these, and use the lines from the charts in my graphics. Since upgrading to Excel 2007, I am still able to do this, but the lines now appear to have a more complex format (the compund type is mentioned in the line properties dialog), made up of border and line types. On exporting to CoreDraw, these lines appear much less uniform than previously, changing thickness along the length of the line. Is there a workaround to allow me to plot chats with non-compund type lines as was possible in the previous version?

Cheers!

Book Review: Practical .NET2 and C#2 - by Patrick Smacchia
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...actical-n.aspx
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Here is a suggestion (I cannot experiment as I do not have Corel Draw)
Click the chart; on the Home tab, launch Paste and use As Picture
Now you have used Excel to make a picture of the chart; go to Corel Draw and
paste
Does it look better?
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Alan Sage" wrote in message ...
Hi,

When using Excel 2003, I was able to copy charts, and then paste them into
CorelDraw as metafiles, ungroup these, and use the lines from the charts
in my graphics. Since upgrading to Excel 2007, I am still able to do
this, but the lines now appear to have a more complex format (the compund
type is mentioned in the line properties dialog), made up of border and
line types. On exporting to CoreDraw, these lines appear much less
uniform than previously, changing thickness along the length of the line.
Is there a workaround to allow me to plot chats with non-compund type
lines as was possible in the previous version?

Cheers!

Book Review: Practical .NET2 and C#2 - by Patrick Smacchia
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...actical-n.aspx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Alan Sage -

In a previous thread, Jon Peltier reported "If it's any consolation, I have
not been satisfied with Copy Picture in Excel," but maybe Excel 2007 SP2 has
fixed some of the earlier problems.

Try this: Select the chart (by clicking just inside its outside border), and
choose Home | Paste | As Picture | Copy As Picture.

Then try the three combinations of As Shown On Screen with Picture or Bitmap
and As Shown When Printed. Click OK. Then paste into CorelDraw.

- Mike
http://www.MikeMiddleton.com