Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default How to show chart only within worksheet?

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to show chart only within worksheet?
I receive a excel file, within a sheet, there is only one chart, and no cell
can be selected in other region.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how it can be done in Excel 2003?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Lock all the cells (part of cell format) and then lock the worksheet?

On Sat, 2 Jan 2010 02:47:01 -0800, Eric
wrote:

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to show chart only within worksheet?
I receive a excel file, within a sheet, there is only one chart, and no cell
can be selected in other region.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how it can be done in Excel 2003?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

Regards,

Tushar Mehta
Microsoft MVP Excel 2000-present
www.tushar-mehta.com
Excel and PowerPoint tutorials and add-ins

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ex...CL100570551033
shows how to unlock all the cells. You should reverse the process.

The link above also shows how to unprotect / protect the sheet.

wrote:

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to show chart only within worksheet?
I receive a excel file, within a sheet, there is only one chart, and no cell
can be selected in other region.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how it can be done in Excel 2003?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

Regards,

Tushar Mehta
Microsoft MVP Excel 2000-present
www.tushar-mehta.com
Excel and PowerPoint tutorials and add-ins
.

Regards,

Tushar Mehta
Microsoft MVP Excel 2000-present
www.tushar-mehta.com
Excel and PowerPoint tutorials and add-ins
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Thank you very much for suggestions

I get a sample worksheet, which contain a chart only and refer the data from
another sheet. It seems to me that the worksheet is locked except the chart,
so I still can select any item within the chart. On the other hands, if I
lock this worksheet, everything is locked including the chart.
Do you have any suggestions how to lock the worksheet except the chart area?
Thanks you very much for any suggestions
Eric