Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
klp klp is offline

Default do not show zeros in pivot chart (pie chart)

Is there anyway to suppress the zeros in a pivot chart? My pivot table shows
activities for many different queues, and sometimes a particular queue won't
have a value for an activity that another queue has. When i chart just this
queue, the activity shows up as 0%. I don't want to delete the label, because
then when i change to another queue that DID have that activity, the value
won't show up.

Any thoughts?
thanks!
~klp

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
klp said:

Is there anyway to suppress the zeros in a pivot chart? My pivot table shows
activities for many different queues, and sometimes a particular queue won't
have a value for an activity that another queue has. When i chart just this
queue, the activity shows up as 0%. I don't want to delete the label, because
then when i change to another queue that DID have that activity, the value
won't show up.

See Andy Pope's reply to Tyler H's question above. You have the opposite
problem from Tyler: you *don't* want the zero to show. So...

General;-General;

....will do it (use some other format than "General" for the positive and
negative numbers if you like)

I tend to want to put something in to show the zero was there, so I
might use a format like:

0.0;-0.0;--

and then my zeroes show up as "--". Or

??0%;-??0%;[blue]"nothing"

where my zeroes say the word "nothing" in blue letters in the cell. Look
in the Excel help file for more useful custom number formats.

--
Del Cotter
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Sorry, I may not have been detailed enough in my problem. I want the lines
with zero not to show. There are nearly 200 countries and when the user
selects a region I only want those countires belonging to that region to
show. I have been able to use a filter to the right of the pivot but if I
was hoping there was a more elegant way to do this.