Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Dom Dom is offline

Default Data in secondary axis dizappears when using names

Hi there, I'm using Excel 2007 and the problem I'm facing is this: I've
created a graph which reads data frrom a simple table. Then I named the rows
in that table using the OFFSET formula as I want to plot only the last 10
entries of the table and not the whole table. The names that I've given are,
for example, row 1 is 'Date', row 2 is 'Asset' and row 3 is 'Liability'.
When I select the name, I can see that it highlights the area that I want to
be plotted (the last 10 entries only). 'Asset' is plotted in the graph using
Primary Axis while 'Liability' is plotted using Secondary Axis. I've created
a graph using cell refeernces to start with and not the names yet. So far,
everything is working fine. Then I replace those cell references with the
names that I had created. For the variable which uses the Primary axis,
everythign works fine when I replace the reference with names. However, when
I do the same thing with the variables using the secondary axis, those
variables disappear, literally. Any ideas of what could be happening? When I
used the same formulas in previous version of Excel, it worked perfectly. But
now with Excel 2007 it does not seem to work anymore. Help will be much
appreciatted. Cheers, Dom