Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Manual sort in a pivot chart/pivot table

My goal is to change the order of 4 row lablels. They are all text, and I
have to choose the order (not alphabetical).

I got as far as clicking on the arrow next to Row Label on the table, going
to More Sort Options and then choosing Manual Sort. HOWEVER, where/when do I
grab the labels to "drag" them to the right order? I have tried clicking on
the table itself and clicking on the chart but there is no dragging
happening. I can't find any detailed info on Manual Sort in the Help box, and
so I'm stuck.

Thanks in advance!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You can click on the cell containing label and drag it.

You can also select the cell where you want another label to appear,
type the other label, and press Enter.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://peltiertech.com/

Isabel wrote:
My goal is to change the order of 4 row lablels. They are all text, and I
have to choose the order (not alphabetical).

I got as far as clicking on the arrow next to Row Label on the table, going
to More Sort Options and then choosing Manual Sort. HOWEVER, where/when do I
grab the labels to "drag" them to the right order? I have tried clicking on
the table itself and clicking on the chart but there is no dragging
happening. I can't find any detailed info on Manual Sort in the Help box, and
so I'm stuck.

Thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
ann ann is offline

I am having the same problem but the reply to your message didn't help - did
you ever figure out how to drag to manually sort?

"Isabel" wrote:

My goal is to change the order of 4 row lablels. They are all text, and I
have to choose the order (not alphabetical).

I got as far as clicking on the arrow next to Row Label on the table, going
to More Sort Options and then choosing Manual Sort. HOWEVER, where/when do I
grab the labels to "drag" them to the right order? I have tried clicking on
the table itself and clicking on the chart but there is no dragging
happening. I can't find any detailed info on Manual Sort in the Help box, and
so I'm stuck.

Thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Ann,

The previous post (the first reply to my initial message) was not very
helpful, since clicking on a cell does not allow me to subsequently drag it.
But I tried "cutting"the cell (ctrl+x) and "pasting" it in the place I wanted
it, even though there was another value already there. It worked! The old
value was pushed down the list automatically, and my pasted value was now in
the correct position.

I took a video to show it, in case my written explanation is not clear.
Anyone interested can email me for a copy. It's a short .avi video.

"Ann" wrote:

I am having the same problem but the reply to your message didn't help - did
you ever figure out how to drag to manually sort?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Ok, I can't figure out quickly how to add my email to "About me" (when you
click on my name), so here it is for those interested in the demo video: