Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Transparency in Area charts

I have an area chart, which I need to show "non-stacked" so want to be
able to set one of the areas to be partially transparent. I can see
the option on the Fill Effects, but it is greyed out. Any suggestions
how this is achieved please

Regards
Fred
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Transparency of area chart series is not possible in Windows Excel
versions 2003 or earlier.

Why not keep it simple and use a line chart?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://peltiertech.com/

Fred wrote:
I have an area chart, which I need to show "non-stacked" so want to be
able to set one of the areas to be partially transparent. I can see
the option on the Fill Effects, but it is greyed out. Any suggestions
how this is achieved please

Regards
Fred

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the info, sadly I am using a "layered" area chart and need
to show average lines over the top of the areas. I did try to get to
3D area but then all the average lines went wrong.

Guess i'll have to wait for an update to Excel.

Regards
Fred