Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
RW RW is offline

Default Display Data Table in chart but don't show plot area

I am using Excel 2003. I have created some charts/graphs with data tables,
chart titles, etc. My customer only wants to see the data table and chart
title for each graph. Is there a way to turn off the plot area and change the
size of the chart so that the chart title is close to the data table?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

But the data table merely reflects what is in the cells used to make the
chart!
Why not just display that data in a new format?
Or am I missing something?
best wished

--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"RW" wrote in message
I am using Excel 2003. I have created some charts/graphs with data tables,
chart titles, etc. My customer only wants to see the data table and chart
title for each graph. Is there a way to turn off the plot area and change
the
size of the chart so that the chart title is close to the data table?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
RW RW is offline

Well, I need the layout to be exactly the same. The Names of the data sets
have been aliased (which can't be done in the query behind the data for other
reasons) and I also have rolling data that must be calculated.

In the past I have "created" a table format and made individual references
to the cells with data. This is very time consuming since the formula for
each cell must be created individually. The original data is months
vertically down the left which get correctly transposed to months on the X
axis for the chart. Also, blank or null fields must be accounted for in the
cell references so that they do not disply as 0's. The data table for the
chart handles this automatically too.

It would be easiest to just get the chart data table.