Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default chart in excel like google finance chart

I've been playing around with google finance and am wondering if a
chart like that can be implemented in excel. Some of the features I'm
very interested in is the ability to be able to select a time window
and chart the trend. I need to create a chart that is basically
identical to the google and yahoo finance charts. Is this possible at
all in excel or is this an impossible task and I should look
elsewhere. If impossible what are some suggestions for accomplishing
this?

Thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Can you post back with the chart you have in mind? More than likely you can
create the chart in Excel. Interactive charts that allow the user to specify
time spans can be created by using defined names.

--
John Mansfield
http://www.cellmatrix.net

"Laoballer" wrote:

I've been playing around with google finance and am wondering if a
chart like that can be implemented in excel. Some of the features I'm
very interested in is the ability to be able to select a time window
and chart the trend. I need to create a chart that is basically
identical to the google and yahoo finance charts. Is this possible at
all in excel or is this an impossible task and I should look
elsewhere. If impossible what are some suggestions for accomplishing
this?

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

This is a link to one that I would love to be able to do in excel - but
cannot find any way so far to do it - any help very greatly appreciated.

http://docs.google.com/support/bin/a...n&answer=91609

"Laoballer" wrote:

I've been playing around with google finance and am wondering if a
chart like that can be implemented in excel. Some of the features I'm
very interested in is the ability to be able to select a time window
and chart the trend. I need to create a chart that is basically
identical to the google and yahoo finance charts. Is this possible at
all in excel or is this an impossible task and I should look
elsewhere. If impossible what are some suggestions for accomplishing
this?

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Maybe, you can leverage the information at
Using the Google Chart API with Microsoft Excel
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/publish_..._api/index.htm

"Laoballer" wrote:

I've been playing around with google finance and am wondering if a
chart like that can be implemented in excel. Some of the features I'm
very interested in is the ability to be able to select a time window
and chart the trend. I need to create a chart that is basically
identical to the google and yahoo finance charts. Is this possible at
all in excel or is this an impossible task and I should look
elsewhere. If impossible what are some suggestions for accomplishing
this?

Thanks,

Regards,

Tushar Mehta
Microsoft MVP Excel 2000-present
www.tushar-mehta.com
Excel and PowerPoint tutorials and add-ins