Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Combo filled and unfilled radar charts

Using a filled AND unfilled radar chart series on the same chart magically
adds an extra category. Is there any way to prevent this?

Excel v12.0.6504.5001 SP2 MSO 12.0.6425.1000
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

I can not reproduce this. I appear to have the same version code as you.
Can you describe how your data is laid out and what steps you did to create
the chart.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Zergrinch" wrote in message
Using a filled AND unfilled radar chart series on the same chart magically
adds an extra category. Is there any way to prevent this?

Excel v12.0.6504.5001 SP2 MSO 12.0.6425.1000

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Thanks for posting example.
I can confirm that mixing filled and non-filled radar type causes the
addition of a extra non named category.
So for a chart with 4 points the radar shape is a square. Change 1 of the 2
series to fill radar and the radar becomes a pentagon.

I will check whether this has been reported as a bug and if not will do so.

Only work around is to use Filled radar and set one of the Marker Fills to
none.

Cheers
Andy