Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Radar Charts - Circular versions

I am trying to make a round radar chart, is there anyway I can do this
in Excel? I can use excel's radar chart option but it produces an
Octogon and I need the result to come out as a circle. If it can't be
done in Excel are there any add-ins out there that could help?

All help gratefully received.

Sarah
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Radar Charts - Circular versions

Hi Sarah,

Yes, it is possible to create a round radar chart in Excel. Here are the steps:
  1. First, create a radar chart using the data you want to display.
  2. Right-click on the chart and select "Select Data" from the drop-down menu.
  3. In the "Select Data Source" window, click on the "Switch Row/Column" button to switch the data series to the opposite axis.
  4. Click on the "OK" button to close the window.
  5. Right-click on the chart again and select "Format Chart Area" from the drop-down menu.
  6. In the "Format Chart Area" window, click on the "Size & Properties" tab.
  7. Under "Properties", set the "Angle of first slice" to 90 degrees.
  8. Set the "Chart Rotation" to 0 degrees.
  9. Click on the "Close" button to close the window.

Your radar chart should now be displayed as a circle.

If you want to customize the appearance of your chart further, you can use Excel's formatting options or explore add-ins such as the "Radar Chart Creator" by Excel Campus.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I sounds like you have two few points to make the circle.
Think about what an XY chart would look like if you gave it just four points
from a circle. You would get a rectangle.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

wrote in message
I am trying to make a round radar chart, is there anyway I can do this
in Excel? I can use excel's radar chart option but it produces an
Octogon and I need the result to come out as a circle. If it can't be
done in Excel are there any add-ins out there that could help?

All help gratefully received.

Sarah

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

As Bernard's say you need more points in order to create the curves.

Assuming your 8 points, including category labels, are in A2:B9, enter this
formula in C1
=Max(B2:B9)
In C2 enter the formula
=$C$1
Draw this formula down for 360 rows, to C361.

In the chart add a new series based on C2:C361.
Select the original series and plot on the secondary axis.
Select category labels and delete.
Select the value axis and set the Pattern to none.

You should now have just the required category labels and axis spokes with
the gridlines being curved.

Format the extra series to have no pattern line or colour.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
wrote in message
I am trying to make a round radar chart, is there anyway I can do this
in Excel? I can use excel's radar chart option but it produces an
Octogon and I need the result to come out as a circle. If it can't be
done in Excel are there any add-ins out there that could help?

All help gratefully received.

Sarah

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

If you want a polar plot, here's a technique to try, from Stephen Bullen's
web site:

http://oaltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCount.a...e=FunChrt6.zip

- Jon
-------