Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
dan dan is offline

Default Time and Percentage Graph.

Hi, all I am trying to get some data in a graph with a primary and secondary
axis. One side would be the Percentage complete the other would show the
times that the data was completed. I want to see the time and the percent on
teh Y axis. And just have one bar Like a thermometer graph. The issue is I am
pulling this data real time so as new orders come in it adds another row to
the excel spreadsheet. I can drag this out to a max feild and still calculate
but I can't figure out how to put it into a working graph. Here are the two
feilds of data that I am trying to get into the graph. The CONFT field and
the Percent complete field. I am not sure if this can be done but any ideas
would be appreciated. Thanks

CONFT Feild1 Count percent complete
0:00:00 0 0 0%
0:00:00 0 0 0%
0:00:00 0 0 0%
0:00:00 0 0 0%
0:00:00 0 0 0%
0:00:00 1 1 2%
7:32:57 2 1 4%
7:36:04 3 1 7%
7:50:53 4 1 9%
7:55:21 5 1 11%
7:57:00 6 1 13%
7:57:03 7 1 15%
8:00:49 8 1 17%
8:14:55 9 1 20%
8:16:06 10 1 22%

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Not clear on the question, are you asking how to make the graph or how to
have it expand automatically?

Lets assume the second. If you are using 2003 then select the data range of
your chart and press Ctrl+L, respond as appropriate for your data - you have
titles or not on the first row, then clck OK. When new data is added
directly below the existing data the List will grow to include it and the
chart will plot accordingly.

In 2007 you can press Ctrl+T or Ctrl+L to define the range as a Table = List.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Dan" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
dan dan is offline

Shane, That info is great I was wondering about that also, but the real
question was how to graph it. I am using office 2007. I need to get these two
data columns into a thermometer or single bar graph. IF you know how please
let me know. Thanks