Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
MQ

Default Creating a stacked column chart with percentage in the graph

I have retrieve this result (pivot table) from my raw data:

---------------------+----------+
Count of student | Grade |
---------------------+----------+----------+-----------------+
Class | 1 | 2 | Grand Total |
---------------------+----------+----------+-----------------+
A | 5 | 4 | 9 |
---------------------+----------+----------+-----------------+
B | 2 | 3 | 5 |
---------------------+----------+----------+-----------------+
C | 5 | 3 | 8 |
---------------------+----------+----------+-----------------+

If I would like to create a stacked column chart with 100% for each class
but the y-axis 's value should be the as the number of students, may I know
if there is any way that i can create this? percentage is calculated using
(Grand Total / grade) , example:

for Class C, grade 1:
Percentage will be: (5/8) * 100 = 62.5%

Graph should be :
X - axis: Unit Name
Y - axis: No of users
In each line of the units should reflect the percentage of each grade for
each unit

Appreciate any advises! :)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
MQ

Sorry ,Graph should be :
X - axis: Class Name
Y - axis: No of students
In each line of the class should reflect the percentage of each grade for
each unit

"MQ" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Sounds like you want a stacked chart, not a stacked 100% chart. For the
labels, calculate them in a nearby range, then use one of these Excel
add-ins to apply labels from this range to the chart series:

Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com
John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com

They're both free and easy to use.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
http://PeltierTech.com/
2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
_______

"MQ" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting