Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
RAZ RAZ is offline

Default extracting data touching trendline

Hi,
I have a chart with dates in the horizontal and number values in the
vertical axis. Added a Polynomial trendline with order 2.
Now I will need to extract the data points with both horizontal and vertical
values that are touching the treandline.

Any help, how would this be possible. Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Use LINEST as shown at
http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme/ExcelTips/Polynomial.htm
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Raz" wrote in message
I have a chart with dates in the horizontal and number values in the
vertical axis. Added a Polynomial trendline with order 2.
Now I will need to extract the data points with both horizontal and
vertical
values that are touching the treandline.

Any help, how would this be possible. Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
RAZ RAZ is offline

Thanks For Reply:

I tried as the example explained. but could not get What I wanted.
In this example I get x and b values, and most of them are #N/A.

would you explain a little how do I get x and y values that are on the
trendline. skipping all the other values.

"Raz" wrote in message
I have a chart with dates in the horizontal and number values in the
vertical axis. Added a Polynomial trendline with order 2.
Now I will need to extract the data points with both horizontal and
vertical
values that are touching the treandline.

Any help, how would this be possible. Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

LINEST as shown at the website gives you the values of a, b, and c in the
polynomial y=ax˛+bx+x
Suppose these values are in Q1,R1,T1, and that your first x values is in A2
with y value in B2
To get the first fitted y value use =$Q$1*A2^2+$R$1*A2+$T$1
Copy this formula down the column
Now you have the values that Trendline computes
best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP