Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Current date (i.e., today()) in Chart Title

Is there a way to insert a date code/command in the Chart Title?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

In a cell, say A1, in the spreadsheet enter a formula like this:

=TEXT(TODAY(),"M/D/YY")

Now select the border of the chart title, not inside, and type =A1
when you press enter the title will use the value in cell A1 for your title.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

Is there a way to insert a date code/command in the Chart Title?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Shane, I did exactly what your answer said and it worked great! However, the
Date is now the entire title of my chart what is not exactly what I need. I
need the title "WIA Disbursement and and Budget Summary - June 17, 2009".
Can you help with this?

Thanks#

Is there a way to insert a date code/command in the Chart Title?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Just combine the text with the formula Shane provided.

A1:="WIA Disbursement and and Budget Summary - " & TEXT(TODAY(),"MMMM D,
YYYY")

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Gwynne" wrote in message
Shane, I did exactly what your answer said and it worked great! However,
the
Date is now the entire title of my chart what is not exactly what I need.

"Gwynne" wrote:

Is there a way to insert a date code/command in the Chart Title?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

I felt so lucky that someone had answers for exactly what I want to do.
But, I still have some issues in following your steps.

I entered the date in cell A1. Then, I clicked the border of the Chart
Title. But, where should I type "=A1"?

I typed "A1" into the function box (Fx) but an error message occur.

"The formula you typed contains an eorr. Try one of the following:
-Make sure you've included all parentheses and requred arguments
-To get assistance iwth using a function, click Function (Insert Menu)

Did I type the "=A1" in wrong place?

Is there a way to insert a date code/command in the Chart Title?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

You did not include the sheet reference.
http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip001.htm

Cheers
Andy