FJ Shepley & JM Pfohl

Default Date in a chart title

ex..... Sales for May 14

How do I put a the current date in the title of the chart above so it comes
up automatically?
I'm thinking something like ..=now() but not sure how put in the title.

Then how do I change the =now() (or whatever is used) to the date it is
saved?

Thanks,
Frank.

Mangesh Yadav

Right click on the chart tab, click on view code, and enter the following
code:

Private Sub Chart_Activate()

ActiveChart.ChartTitle.Characters.Text = Date

End Sub

- Mangesh

"FJ Shepley & JM Pfohl" wrote in message
ex..... Sales for May 14

How do I put a the current date in the title of the chart above so it

comes
up automatically?
I'm thinking something like ..=now() but not sure how put in the title.

Then how do I change the =now() (or whatever is used) to the date it is
saved?

Thanks,
Frank.

Jon Peltier

Frank -

An easier approach that doesn't require a macro.

In a cell somewhere, enter a formula like this:

="Sales for "&TEXT(NOW(),"mmm dd"

Then select the chart title, press the equals key, then click on the cell. The
formula bar will show a formula like

=Sheet1!$A$1

Press Enter, and the title is linked to the formula in the cell.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services