Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default 1st of current quater today()

How would I use the today() function to always return the last day of the
current quarter (3 months). Also I presume the solution would be similar to
return the Monday of the current week.

I would use this when building a Gannt chart of tasks, which would
automatically have the first period as the current or next quarter, this
result goes in the first cell in the headings and each heading then is
EOMONTH(cell to the left,3).

Your thoughts would be appreciated

Aussie Bill
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming you mean calendar quarters as opposed to some finacial quarters

=DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),INDEX({3;6;9;12},INT((MONTH(TO DAY())+2)/3))+1,0)

will return the last date

Peo Sjoblom

"willy" wrote in message
How would I use the today() function to always return the last day of the
current quarter (3 months). Also I presume the solution would be similar
return the Monday of the current week.

I would use this when building a Gannt chart of tasks, which would
automatically have the first period as the current or next quarter, this
result goes in the first cell in the headings and each heading then is
EOMONTH(cell to the left,3).

Your thoughts would be appreciated

Aussie Bill

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default 1st of current quater today() Gannt current Monday

I realised the solution to return the Monday of the current week is to use

=2+(7*(INT(TODAY()/7)))

"willy" wrote:

How would I use the today() function to always return the last day of the
current quarter (3 months). Also I presume the solution would be similar to
return the Monday of the current week.

I would use this when building a Gannt chart of tasks, which would
automatically have the first period as the current or next quarter, this
result goes in the first cell in the headings and each heading then is
EOMONTH(cell to the left,3).

Your thoughts would be appreciated

Aussie Bill

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi. I'm missing some of the threads here, but perhaps another idea...
(assuming end of quarter)

=EOMONTH(TODAY(),MOD(MONTH(TODAY())*2,3))

- - -
HTH
Dana DeLouis

Loadmaster wrote: