-   -   1st of current quater today() (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/194710-1st-current-quater-today.html)

willy

1st of current quater today()

How would I use the today() function to always return the last day of the
current quarter (3 months). Also I presume the solution would be similar to
return the Monday of the current week.

I would use this when building a Gannt chart of tasks, which would
automatically have the first period as the current or next quarter, this
result goes in the first cell in the headings and each heading then is
EOMONTH(cell to the left,3).

Your thoughts would be appreciated

Aussie Bill

Peo Sjoblom

1st of current quater today()

Assuming you mean calendar quarters as opposed to some finacial quarters

=DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),INDEX({3;6;9;12},INT((MONTH(TO DAY())+2)/3))+1,0)

will return the last date

Peo Sjoblom

"willy" wrote in message
How would I use the today() function to always return the last day of the
current quarter (3 months). Also I presume the solution would be similar
return the Monday of the current week.

I would use this when building a Gannt chart of tasks, which would
automatically have the first period as the current or next quarter, this
result goes in the first cell in the headings and each heading then is
EOMONTH(cell to the left,3).

Your thoughts would be appreciated

Aussie Bill

willy

1st of current quater today()

Spot on, works a treat

thanks very much

"willy" wrote in message
How would I use the today() function to always return the last day of the
current quarter (3 months). Also I presume the solution would be similar
return the Monday of the current week.

I would use this when building a Gannt chart of tasks, which would
automatically have the first period as the current or next quarter, this
result goes in the first cell in the headings and each heading then is
EOMONTH(cell to the left,3).

Your thoughts would be appreciated

Aussie Bill

willy

1st of current quater today() Gannt current Monday

I realised the solution to return the Monday of the current week is to use

=2+(7*(INT(TODAY()/7)))

"willy" wrote:

How would I use the today() function to always return the last day of the
current quarter (3 months). Also I presume the solution would be similar to
return the Monday of the current week.

I would use this when building a Gannt chart of tasks, which would
automatically have the first period as the current or next quarter, this
result goes in the first cell in the headings and each heading then is
EOMONTH(cell to the left,3).

Your thoughts would be appreciated

Aussie Bill

Loadmaster

1st of current quater today()

Thanks Peo for the entry.

"willy" wrote in message
How would I use the today() function to always return the last day of the
current quarter (3 months). Also I presume the solution would be similar
return the Monday of the current week.

I would use this when building a Gannt chart of tasks, which would
automatically have the first period as the current or next quarter, this
result goes in the first cell in the headings and each heading then is
EOMONTH(cell to the left,3).

Your thoughts would be appreciated

Aussie Bill

Dana DeLouis

1st of current quater today()

Hi. I'm missing some of the threads here, but perhaps another idea...
(assuming end of quarter)

=EOMONTH(TODAY(),MOD(MONTH(TODAY())*2,3))

- - -
HTH
Dana DeLouis

Loadmaster wrote: