Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
sri sri is offline

Default Chart with VB programming?

Hello,

I have a stacked chart with 4 different types of metrics on the Y axis and
the timeline on X axis. I simplified this by breaking this up into 4
different charts.

Alternately, I would like to have a single graph where the timeline remains
unchanged. I then would have 2 dropdown boxes, the first one should help in
choosing which metric I would like to show and the second dropdown should
help if I would like to show the metric in actual numbers or as a percentage.

Is there way I can achieve this? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sri.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

The answer is this can be done but will probably require VBA.

Check out Jon's site, I think he does something with this:

http://www.google.com/custom?hl=en&s...o xes&spell=1

I wrote a chapter in an Excel book on this but it's probably out of print.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Sri" wrote:

Hello,

I have a stacked chart with 4 different types of metrics on the Y axis and
the timeline on X axis. I simplified this by breaking this up into 4
different charts.

Alternately, I would like to have a single graph where the timeline remains
unchanged. I then would have 2 dropdown boxes, the first one should help in
choosing which metric I would like to show and the second dropdown should
help if I would like to show the metric in actual numbers or as a percentage.

Is there way I can achieve this? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sri.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You can make panel charts to show all series:

How to Build a Simple Panel Chart -
http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/how...e-panel-chart/
Stacked Charts With Vertical Separation -
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/StackedCharts.html
Panel Charts with Different Scales -
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...venScales.html

Or a dynamic, interactive chart to selectively show one series by itself or
with the others grayed out:

Easier Interactive Multiple Line Chart -
http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/eas...le-line-chart/
Interactive Charts with Checkboxes and Formulas -
http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/int...-and-formulas/
Interactive Charts with Checkboxes and VBA -
http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/int...boxes-and-vba/
Display One Chart Dynamically and Interactively -
http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/dis...interactively/

Advanced Excel Conference - June 17-18 2009 - Charting and Programming
http://peltiertech.com/Training/2009...00906ACNJ.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______