Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Sorting

I am soritng a spreadsheet (A-Z by last name). So, for example, data for
person 1 is on row A1-G1 (takes 1 row) but then column H will have data for
that person in rows 1-3 so when I sort at this point the data in H2-3 will
get pushed down to the end of the sheet. What I am doing now is typing the
persons last & first name 3+ times so that it sorts all the persons
information along with it. Is there a different way of doing this? I
know...Hard to explain...I hope someone out there knows what i'm talking
about!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

What you need to do is fill in the missing repeat names. This could be in
one or more columns, but let me assume it is in A1:G100. Highlight this
range and
1. Press F5, Special, Blanks, OK
2. Type =, Up, Ctrl+Enter. (Type the equal sign then press the Up arrow key
once and finally press Ctrl+Enter.
3. Select the range A1:G100 again and press Ctrl+C (copy)
4. Choose Edit, Paste Special, Values.
5. Now you can sort, keeping everything together.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire