-   -   Sorting (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/233239-sorting.html)

Athletica

Sorting

I am soritng a spreadsheet (A-Z by last name). So, for example, data for
person 1 is on row A1-G1 (takes 1 row) but then column H will have data for
that person in rows 1-3 so when I sort at this point the data in H2-3 will
get pushed down to the end of the sheet. What I am doing now is typing the
persons last & first name 3+ times so that it sorts all the persons
information along with it. Is there a different way of doing this? I
know...Hard to explain...I hope someone out there knows what i'm talking
about!

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

Sorting

Hi,

What you need to do is fill in the missing repeat names. This could be in
one or more columns, but let me assume it is in A1:G100. Highlight this
range and
1. Press F5, Special, Blanks, OK
2. Type =, Up, Ctrl+Enter. (Type the equal sign then press the Up arrow key
once and finally press Ctrl+Enter.
3. Select the range A1:G100 again and press Ctrl+C (copy)
4. Choose Edit, Paste Special, Values.
5. Now you can sort, keeping everything together.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire