Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default bubble charts from an excel cube function table that randomly fail

I have a table that uses cube functions to present data to the user according
to variables they select from drop down boxes. The table works very well. I
also have three bubble charts that plot the 20 rows of table data. 90% of
the time, the plots are accurate and legible. 10% of the time, instead of
getting my 20 data points, I get a single data point that is typically in the
lower right hand corner of the chart. The data are correct in the table -
but not plotted correctly. If I change the drop down box selections to a
group that I know works, the charts are again correct. I am not changing
anything in the table or plot set up. Why do some data seem to 'break' the
plot?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

found it. I had some post processing in the worksheet to suppress rows with
small (and therefore unstable) populations. I just changed that processing
to ensure that all cells continue to have numeric data, but now the unstable
numeric data is formatted to be invisible on the table and it plots at -1 on
the x axis, which is out of range.