Juan

Default Bubble Charts in Excel

I am trying to map the position of plants using X and Y coordinates and the
area cover by each plant using the diameter in a bubble chart of Excel, but
the graphs look unrealistic. I would like to know what is the equation Excel
uses to calculate the size (area) of each point in the bubble charts so that
I can adjust my size parameter.
Thank you so much,
Juan
Barb Reinhardt

As I understand it, the bubble sizes are relative sizes. If you want the
data to be smaller, you'll have to put in a data point with a "large" bubble
size that you can make invisible. This will rescale the bubble sizes for
all of the other bubbles.

"Juan" wrote in message
I am trying to map the position of plants using X and Y coordinates and
the
area cover by each plant using the diameter in a bubble chart of Excel,
but
the graphs look unrealistic. I would like to know what is the equation
Excel
uses to calculate the size (area) of each point in the bubble charts so
that
I can adjust my size parameter.
Thank you so much,
Juan

Debra Dalgleish

Jon Peltier's article on bubble chart bubble sizes may help you:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...bbleSizes.html

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Juan

Thank you Debra for your help. However, I still have the problem. I need to
scale the size of the bubbles relative to X-Y axes for their size to show how
much space is occupied. Do you know of any available software that can do
this?
Thanks again,
Juan