Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Charting

I am using Excel 2007.
I have a title (with a date in it) in my worksheet and it is the same on a
graph.
For my report, I always change that date on the worksheet.
how do I automatically change the title in the graph.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi Charles,

Click in the title on the chart and select (highlight) whatever is in there
and then click up in the formula bar and enter = sign and then click in the
cell containing the title that you want.

OssieMac

"Charles Eaves" wrote:

I am using Excel 2007.
I have a title (with a date in it) in my worksheet and it is the same on a
graph.
For my report, I always change that date on the worksheet.
how do I automatically change the title in the graph.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Okay, but don't select the text of the title, or else the formula will be
shown as text, and there will not be a link.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
Advanced Excel Conference - June 17-18 2009 - Charting and Programming
http://peltiertech.com/Training/2009...00906ACNJ.html
_______

"Charles Eaves" wrote:

I am using Excel 2007.
I have a title (with a date in it) in my worksheet and it is the same on
graph.
For my report, I always change that date on the worksheet.
how do I automatically change the title in the graph.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Works for me Jon in both xl2002 and xl2007. However, your comment got me
testing without selecting the existing text; just ensure that the title box
is selected. I now realize that I have been including an unnecessary step.

Thanks for your input. I have learnt something again.

OssieMac

"Charles Eaves" wrote:

I am using Excel 2007.
I have a title (with a date in it) in my worksheet and it is the same on
graph.
For my report, I always change that date on the worksheet.
how do I automatically change the title in the graph.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Oh, I see. When you click in the formula bar it unselects the text. I've
seen it the other way when someone selected the text and typed the formula
in the highlighted title text rather than in the formula bar.

- Jon
-------