Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
DKS DKS is offline

Default Pivot charts formatting

Hi,

I want to change the formatting imposed by default in a pivot chart and I
want that changed formatting to be retained permanently.

For example, for my bar chart, for the different series I have selected
colours / patterns but every time I refresh the pivot table / chart; excel
falls back to its own colour coding.

Any way to get around this?

Many thanks in anticipation.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Not directly. The only way to simulate this is to record a macro of the
formatting changes that you make and then set it up to run whenever the
PivotChart calculates. Assuming your pivot chart is on a seperate sheet,
right click on sheet tab and put something like this in:

Option Explicit
Private Sub Chart_Calculate()

'Insert your recorded macro here
'of the formatting changes that you need done.
'This will located in one of your modules

Best Regards,

Luke M