Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
MP MP is offline

Default Pivot Charts - refreshing clears my chart formatting

I have created Pie charts from the pivot tables in Excel and have selected
my own colours on the pie charts.

However, when I select Refresh Data from the pivot table menu, I loose all
my formatting.

This is VERY annoying but perhaps I have a certain option set and that's why
this happens. Anyone know how to keep the formatting of the charts from
being reset when a refresh is done?

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

As posted previously.

This is a known bug that required vba code to re-apply formatting.

XL2000: Changing a PivotChart Removes Series Formatting
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=215904

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
MP MP is offline

Thanks for replying Andy.

I can't believe that the fix for this is to record a macro; figures. I was
expecting a fix from MS, not a bandaid.