Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Date formatting on a Pivot Chart's Data Table

I have a Pivot Chart that has a text field for series, a date field for
category and a number field for data items.

In the charting options, I've hidden the legend and shown the data
table.

When the data table appears in the chart, it shows the dates in the
format:
"M-d-yyyy hh:mm"

I'd like it to show in the format:
"MMM-yy"

I can't find any options inside the Pivot Chart context menus or
toolbar for applying date formatting on the Data Table.

I've tried formatting cells in the Pivot Table and it applies them
there, but still shows in the format listed above when I go to the
chart.

Can anyone explain how to format the Dates showing on the Data Table
portion of the Chart?

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance,
Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

You've entered the intersection of the two least flexible aspects of Excel
charting: pivot charts and data tables.

Data tables have very little formatting you can apply. People commonly
construct tables in the worksheet and either position their charts near the
tables, or use the camera tool to take a picture of the table to place in or
near the chart.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Thank you, Jon.

I'll see if one of those options will work.