Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default CHANGING LEGEND TEXT

I wish to change the text in the legend box from say- (Series 1) to (MPG) or
anything that has a relevance to the graph. This was done easily in Works
Spreadsheet and previous versions of Excel.
Using 2007 Student & Home version.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Select the chart and use the ribbon
Chart Tools Design Data Select Data
On the dialog select the appropriate series and Edit.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"mareng" wrote in message
I wish to change the text in the legend box from say- (Series 1) to (MPG)
or
anything that has a relevance to the graph. This was done easily in Works
Spreadsheet and previous versions of Excel.
Using 2007 Student & Home version.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Thanks that was easy to follow.
I added the same question today 4th May, please delete from posts.
If you did not have internet access is there a Help built into Excel, Word
etc to find out the answer to such questions?
Thanks.
Mareng

"mareng" wrote in message
I wish to change the text in the legend box from say- (Series 1) to (MPG)
or
anything that has a relevance to the graph. This was done easily in Works
Spreadsheet and previous versions of Excel.
Using 2007 Student & Home version.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You might find the answer in the offline help.
But as with any problem the key is knowing the question or search text
to enter in order to get the required solution.

Cheers
Andy