Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Format a data point without changing the legend

I want to format a data point of a series in excel but when I do that the
legend changes completely. For example: all data points are from "series 1"
in the legend. When I format one data point from this series, then the legend
no longer displays "series 1" but instead it gives the X-values of all data
points. How can I make sure that the legend will still display "series 1"
instead?

The thing is that in all my previous scatter-plots, I am able to change a
data point and still have "series 1" in the legend. I do not understand why
it is changed in all plots that I try to make one now in exactly the same
file. I have compared everything so far and can not find a difference.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

thnx
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

In order to stop the legend converting your series in to a set of points you
need to have a legend with at least 2 series.
You can add another dummy series and then delete the legend entry by
selecting first the legend and then the specific entry.

Once you have 2 series you can format individual points without effecting
the legend.

Cheers
Andy

--