Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Charts - Setting Data Area as a Variable

I have a set of monthly financial reports and associated charts.
I need all the charts to show data just up to the current month.
Up to now I have had to manually adjust the data area chart by chart at the
end of each month as I move the model from one month to the next.
What I need is to simply adjust one cell to state the new month number and
this will adjust the data areas for all the charts.
I have been experimenting with the OFFSET function plugged into the chart
data range but it seems that this is not allowed.
Can someone suggest an 'easy' way around this problem
--
JohnG
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

You can not use the OFFSET function within the chart source dialog.
Rather you need to create a named range which uses the offset function.

More information can be found here,

Cheers
Andy

--