Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default How can I create multiple charts using variable data?

I have a series of formulas that generate pie charts for all my employees. To
manually generate a chart, I have to input the salary and name of each
employee.
Is there a way to automate this process as only two values are changing for
each generated chart?
I'm using Excel 2003 for this task.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Can you put name and salary into two columns, and use a value in a cell to
indicate which employee in the list to display? Say the data is in A1:B100,
and the indicator cell is C1. In D1 enter this formula

=index(A1:A100,$C1)

and copy this cell onto E1. You can change what's in D1:E1 by changing cell
C1. Write a macro to change C1 from 1 to N, each time the formulas update,
then the chart updates, so the macro can spit out each chart (print or copy
picture - paste).

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP