Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Plot a time series on the x-axis and categories on the y-axis

Hi,

I have data from a Communication plan which I want to show graphically, to
show when each stakeholder category begins its engagement.

I want to plot data with a time series (mmm-yy) on the x-axis, then a range
of stakeholders (text) on the y-axis, with a point on the chart showing when
each stakeholder starts its Comms.

I'm having some trouble getting any charts in Excel to show data in this
way. I can do it flipped round - with time on the y- and categories on the
x-axis - but I specifically want the time series on the X-axis.

Any advice would be great. Unfortunately I can't send any sample data.

Thanks,
Roger

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You might want to look at how to create a Gantt chart. Look at the below or
search Google.

Using a Worksheet for a Gantt Chart - I
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/ne...antt_chart.htm

Gantt (Project) chart
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/ganttchart/

--
Tushar Mehta
http://www.tushar-mehta.com

"rmellison" wrote:

Hi,

I have data from a Communication plan which I want to show graphically, to
show when each stakeholder category begins its engagement.

I want to plot data with a time series (mmm-yy) on the x-axis, then a range
of stakeholders (text) on the y-axis, with a point on the chart showing when
each stakeholder starts its Comms.

I'm having some trouble getting any charts in Excel to show data in this
way. I can do it flipped round - with time on the y- and categories on the
x-axis - but I specifically want the time series on the X-axis.

Any advice would be great. Unfortunately I can't send any sample data.

Thanks,
Roger

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Here's more about Gantts in Excel:
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttChart.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
Advanced Excel Conference - Training in Charting and Programming
http://peltiertech.com/Training/2009...00906ACNJ.html
_______