Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
bdorr

Default How do I plot multiple x-axis series in excel charts

I am plotting 3 years of survey data. Survey date is the x axis and count
value is the y axis. Surveys were not conducted on exactly the same date in
each year. In previous versions of excel I could convert the data to a number
(i.e. julian date) Specifiy the minimum and maximum x-axis values and the
data points would be diplayed at the appropriate x-value (date). However in
Excell 2003 I can't seem to do this. I can't specify a scale for the x-axis
and when I try and put specific values in for the x-axis excel will only use
the last one entered and applies these date values to all remaining series.
Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

If you have a line chart, even with a date axis, the X values are treated as
integer values. Each series in an axis group (primary or secondary) shares X
values. You could make an XY chart instead, where each series can have
distinct X values, or make the chart with the first series as a line series,
then add one or more XY series to it. The XY series can use the line chart
axis with independent values.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"bdorr" wrote in message
I am plotting 3 years of survey data. Survey date is the x axis and count
value is the y axis. Surveys were not conducted on exactly the same date
in
each year. In previous versions of excel I could convert the data to a
number
(i.e. julian date) Specifiy the minimum and maximum x-axis values and the
data points would be diplayed at the appropriate x-value (date). However
in
Excell 2003 I can't seem to do this. I can't specify a scale for the
x-axis
and when I try and put specific values in for the x-axis excel will only
use
the last one entered and applies these date values to all remaining
series.
Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
bdorr