Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default How to Show/calculate End-values of Trendline?

Hello,

(Excel 2007)

I created a graph and a linear trendline, showing the equation:
y = mx+b

B determines the starting point.

How can I get the value of the end of the trendline?

Thanks for your help

rgds
Harry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

The b parameter (the "intercept" ) is value of y at x=0 (where the line
crosses the y axis). It is not really an 'end'. To compute the value of y at
any other value of x (let's say at a value of x stored in G3) use =slope*G1
+ intercept. Now you could copy the slope and intercept values from the chart
but you are better off using the SLOPE and INTERCEPT function. Read about
these in Help and them post a new mesage to get more help.
best wishes
--
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"H. Forstner" wrote:

Hello,

(Excel 2007)

I created a graph and a linear trendline, showing the equation:
y = mx+b

B determines the starting point.

How can I get the value of the end of the trendline?

Thanks for your help

rgds
Harry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hello Bernard,

The b parameter (the "intercept" ) is value of y at x=0 (where the line
crosses the y axis). It is not really an 'end'.

Sure. At X=0 I meant the start of the visible line.

And I would like to calculate the end of the visible trendline.

To compute the value of y at
any other value of x (let's say at a value of x stored in G3) use =slope*G1
+ intercept.

What is G1 or G3?

rgds
harry