Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default How do I calculate a trendline?

I don't think I can use the system-generated one in my chart because my boss
wants to drop the high and low values.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Look in Excel's Help at functions such as LINEST, LOGEST, and TREND.
--
David Biddulph

"anromath" wrote in message
I don't think I can use the system-generated one in my chart because my
boss
wants to drop the high and low values.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Or use 2 plotting series, one containing all but the high an low (which will
form the basis for the trendline) and the second simply displaying the high
and low on the graph FYI

Jerry

"anromath" wrote in message
I don't think I can use the system-generated one in my chart because my
boss
wants to drop the high and low values.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I figured out something similar to what you suggested. I needed to show all
the data points on one line, then add a second line without the high & low
points, which I formatted with no line and no markers. Then I took out the
data table and added data labels. It's not the format that my boss likes
(she prefers to use a data table), but I think it will work.

Thanks to both of you for your responses!