Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
PB

Default trendline

I am trying to fill in the blanks here and come up with a graph and trendline
forecasting sales in $.10 increments when I have history of sales at .99,
1.49, 1.99, and 2.49. Obviously as the price goes up, unit sales come down.
So how can I forecast what might be sold at all these price points.

Thanks in advance.

0.99 280,242
1.09
1.19
1.29
1.39
1.49 227,988
1.59
1.69
1.79
1.89
1.99 146,740
2.09
2.19
2.29
2.39
2.49 59,814

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Bernard Liengme

Arrange the data with the known values in A1:B4
0.99 280,242
1.49 227,988
1.99 146,740
2.49 59,814

An XY chart trendline shows that a linear fit should be OK for this data.

The unknown values in A8:A19
1.09 275225
1.19 260375
1.29 245524
1.39 230673
1.59 200972
1.69 186121
1.79 171271
1.89 156420
2.09 126719
2.19 111868
2.29 97017
2.39 82167

In B8 enter =FORECAST(A8,$B$1:$B$4,$A$1:$A$4) and copy down to B16
or better =ROUND(=FORECAST(A8,$B$1:$B$4,$A$1:$A$4),0)
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme