Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Excel 2007 Chart Doesn't Allow an XY Point to be Dragged

I just updated to Excel 2007. I've been waiting for the bugs to be fixed.

Older versions of Excel allowed an XY point on a chart to be dragged,
updating the source data. Excel 2007 doesn't allow this. Why? This is
an extremely important feature that is REQUIRED.

Is this another bug, or has this capability been permanently removed?

Bill
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Permanently removed.

Robert Flanagan
http://www.add-ins.com

"xls5929" wrote in message
I just updated to Excel 2007. I've been waiting for the bugs to be fixed.

Older versions of Excel allowed an XY point on a chart to be dragged,
updating the source data. Excel 2007 doesn't allow this. Why? This
is
an extremely important feature that is REQUIRED.

Is this another bug, or has this capability been permanently removed?

Bill

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I'm sure Microsoft expected it to be permanently removed, until they heard
the outcry of disappointed users. I hope they wise up and bring this and a
few other deprecated features back.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"Robert Flanagan" wrote in message
Permanently removed.

Robert Flanagan
http://www.add-ins.com

"xls5929" wrote in message
I just updated to Excel 2007. I've been waiting for the bugs to be fixed.

Older versions of Excel allowed an XY point on a chart to be dragged,
updating the source data. Excel 2007 doesn't allow this. Why? This
is
an extremely important feature that is REQUIRED.

Is this another bug, or has this capability been permanently removed?

Bill

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Permanently Gone???? Wow. Does anyone at Microsoft use Excel? That's a
basic requirement. What else do they "not get"?

Bill