Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Map Point Plug-in for Excel 2007

When using Excel 2007, I can only create mapped data if I the file has
previously been saved as an XLS file format. Excel will not allow me to use
Map Point in a file that is saved in the XLSX format.

I have been using Map Point very successfully in Excel 2003, but would
greatly appreciate the ability to import and work with larger quantaties that
the XLSX format offers.

Is there a workaround for this?