Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default not wanting #div/0 to chart as zero

Good afternoon,

I have several reports, updated monthly, that until that month has passed,
contain formulas that return results of #div/0. These reports are all
charted and I would not to have the #div/0 not be on the chart as a zero
value.

My current formula is simple: =sum(d3+g3)/c3

Is there a formula I could use to have this value return as #N/A?

Thank you for your time and help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Firstly, I don't understand what you expecting the SUM function to do in
your formula.
In what way do you intend SUM(D3+G3) to be different from (D3+G3) ?
Is there some subtlety of the SUM function of which we are unaware?

If you intended to use =(d3+g3)/c3, you can avoid the DIV/0 by using
=IF(C3,(d3+g3)/c3,NA())
--
David Biddulph

Brandy wrote:
Good afternoon,

I have several reports, updated monthly, that until that month has
passed, contain formulas that return results of #div/0. These
reports are all charted and I would not to have the #div/0 not be on
the chart as a zero value.

My current formula is simple: =sum(d3+g3)/c3

Is there a formula I could use to have this value return as #N/A?

Thank you for your time and help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

SUM

When people explore Excel for the first time, they may learn that clicking
the big Sigma button creates a formula. If they don't see formulas written
by experienced spreadsheet artists, they may think that all formulas start
with =SUM.

It's the same with old Lotus 1-2-3 users, who often begin every formula with
=+, where the + is unnecessary.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP