Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default how to make an XYY graph

I want to compare to sets of numbers like temperature and relative humidity
for given times. I need each y-axis to have a different label and set of
numbers. How do I do that?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Create a chart like you normally would, select the series you want moved to
second axis. Right click, format chart. Go to Axis tab, then select "move to
secondary axis".

Then format each axis however you want.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Jeff Lynum" wrote:

I want to compare to sets of numbers like temperature and relative humidity
for given times. I need each y-axis to have a different label and set of
numbers. How do I do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Right click one series, choose Format, and on the Axis tab (Excel up to
2003) or the first tab (2007) choose Secondary.

Using two sets of axes can be confusing, and can give rise to false
conclusions about the data. For example, there is no significance to where
two lines on different scales intersect. Format carefully to reduce
confusion.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP