Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Setting reverse order for axis in OWC 11 chart component

I must say , working with the component is pretty much a nightmare and
waste of time, as the structure is convoluted, different than Excel, and
there's no macro recorder to aid in figuring out the bizarre calls.

That off my chest

I can't seem to nail down or find anywhere, the command to reverse the
axis plotting, which is available from the wysiwyg under the Axis editor, as
order - Show values in reverse order.

The excel version reverseplotorder , is not available.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

I hate to show my ignorance but what is OWC 11?

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"JoeG" wrote:

I must say , working with the component is pretty much a nightmare and
waste of time, as the structure is convoluted, different than Excel, and
there's no macro recorder to aid in figuring out the bizarre calls.

That off my chest

I can't seem to nail down or find anywhere, the command to reverse the
axis plotting, which is available from the wysiwyg under the Axis editor, as
order - Show values in reverse order.

The excel version reverseplotorder , is not available.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Here is the code generated when I record in Excel 2003

ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Activate
ActiveChart.Axes(xlCategory).Select
With ActiveChart.Axes(xlCategory)
.TickLabelSpacing = 1
.TickMarkSpacing = 1
.ReversePlotOrder = True
.AxisBetweenCategories = False
End With

maybe this will help

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"JoeG" wrote:

I must say , working with the component is pretty much a nightmare and
waste of time, as the structure is convoluted, different than Excel, and
there's no macro recorder to aid in figuring out the bizarre calls.

That off my chest

I can't seem to nail down or find anywhere, the command to reverse the
axis plotting, which is available from the wysiwyg under the Axis editor, as
order - Show values in reverse order.

The excel version reverseplotorder , is not available.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

OWC is Office Web Components, not the main Excel program. It uses in many
cases different syntax for the same thing, the the generated code would not
work for me. Thanks for the try.

"JoeG" wrote:

I must say , working with the component is pretty much a nightmare and
waste of time, as the structure is convoluted, different than Excel, and
there's no macro recorder to aid in figuring out the bizarre calls.

That off my chest

I can't seem to nail down or find anywhere, the command to reverse the
axis plotting, which is available from the wysiwyg under the Axis editor, as
order - Show values in reverse order.

The excel version reverseplotorder , is not available.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Sorry to arrive a bit late on the scene, but the following should do
the trick (the default is MinMax):

cht.Axes[0].Scaling.Orientation =
ChartScaleOrientationEnum.chScaleOrientationMaxMin ;

OWC is not very developer-friendly - the Microsoft Chart Controls
for .NET Framework are a much better option:

http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/mschart

Best wishes

John