Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default stamp on graph to show I made it

Hello, I was wondering if there was anyway I could put a name stamp or a logo
or whatever on the graphs that I have made to show that I did it. I make
graphs for multiple people around my office and I would like to get the
credit for doing them - thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Feb 19, 12:55*pm, ericaamousseau
wrote:
Hello, I was wondering if there was anyway I could put a name stamp or a logo
or whatever on the graphs that I have made to show that I did it. *I make
graphs for multiple people around my office and I would like to get the
credit for doing them - thanks!

I have a series of charts where the legend doesn't match the
presentation particularly well, so I have a .gif image that I include
with my own version of the legend. I do this with:

ActiveChart.ChartArea.Select
ActiveChart.Pictures.Insert("your_iamge_here.gif") .Select
Selection.ShapeRange.IncrementLeft 135
Selection.ShapeRange.IncrementTop 10

Nice thing is, if it gets in the way, the user can move it or delete
it.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Create an image the size of the chart, and put a label with your name or
logo somewhere it will not be obscured by chart elements, like a bottom
corner. Format the chart area of the chart, and use your image as a picture
fill. In Excel 2003 or earlier, you would double click on the chart area,
click on the Patterns tab, click the Fill Effects button, click the Picture
tab, and browse to your picture.

This could be removed by anyone who's not too lazy or too dumb, but your
embellishment is probably safe with 95% of the people you make charts for.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.