Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I copy a graph made in Excel to Word?

I want to copy a graph created in Excel to a Word document. All I really
need is the image, not all the data sets
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You may want to confirm this with a Word expert, but I would create the chart
in XL, save the document, then, in Word, go to Insert--Object, and choose
Excel chart.

Then follow the options in the dialog box.

Dave

"patrickhallenbeck" wrote:

I want to copy a graph created in Excel to a Word document. All I really
need is the image, not all the data sets

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select the image, copy, then go to Word and select EDITPASTE SPECIAL

"patrickhallenbeck" wrote:

I want to copy a graph created in Excel to a Word document. All I really
need is the image, not all the data sets

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

just click on the chart, click on copy, go to word & click on paste.This will
insert the chart as an image.

John
MOS Master Instructor
Please reply & rate any replies you get

Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders)

"patrickhallenbeck" wrote:

I want to copy a graph created in Excel to a Word document. All I really
need is the image, not all the data sets

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That depends on the version of Office. In 2000, the chart is pasted into
Word as a complete copy of the workbook.

Here's my favorite technique:

Select the chart
Hold Shift while clicking on the Edit menu
Choose Copy Picture
Use the On Screen and Picture options
Switch to Word
Paste (regular, using Ctrl+V)