Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
ace ace is offline

Default Excel charts to appear once i mouse over a certain cell???

i have an excel chart, a scatter diagram, which is working perfectly fine as
it is. I just want to know if there is any way in which I can put this chart
in a comment or click a button which will display the chart and ensure that
the chart gets updated as the input values change???
Is this possible
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi ace,

i have an excel chart, a scatter diagram, which is working perfectly fine
as
it is. I just want to know if there is any way in which I can put this
chart
in a comment or click a button which will display the chart and ensure
that
the chart gets updated as the input values change???
Is this possible

One way to do it is found here
http://www.edferrero.com/ExcelCharts...2/Default.aspx

Look for 'Chart Selector' - page 2 at the moment I think.

Ed Ferrero
www.edferrero.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
ace ace is offline

Ed,

Thank you for the reply. That is exactly what I am looking for, but my
experience in VBA coding is minimal. How to go about it.

Thanks Again,
I genuinely appreciate it,

Ace

"ace" wrote:

i have an excel chart, a scatter diagram, which is working perfectly fine as
it is. I just want to know if there is any way in which I can put this chart
in a comment or click a button which will display the chart and ensure that
the chart gets updated as the input values change???
Is this possible

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi ace,

Thank you for the reply. That is exactly what I am looking for, but my
experience in VBA coding is minimal. How to go about it.

The sample is set up so that you should not need much VBA experience to
adapt it to your needs.

Replace the data with your own.
Colour the cell background in column A to add more series.
When a chart is shown, you can edit the chart colours, change markers,
change the chart type - the code will work, just don't change the series
range. Save often. If it breaks, download the sample again.

Use {Alt}-{F11} to see and change the code. It is commented and should be
easy to understand. You can always ask here if there are things you do not
understand. You do not need to change the code to use the sample.

Ed Ferrero
www.edferrero.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
ace ace is offline

Ed -

Thanks for the reply. It worked just fine. I truly appreciate this help.

Thanks again,
Ace