mike.wilson

Default Can I format a cell to fill red when clicked with mouse (Excel)?

I want to use excel as a check list.
I would like to be able to have a cell turn a given colour when the cell is
selected with the left mouse key.

Vasant Nanavati

There is no click event for a worksheet. You could use the SelectionChange
event but that would also fire when the cell is navigated to using the
keyboard.

You can trap the double-click or right-click event to accomplish this, but
then you would lose the normal double-click or right-click functionality.

--

Vasant

"mike.wilson" wrote in message
I want to use excel as a check list.
I would like to be able to have a cell turn a given colour when the cell

is
selected with the left mouse key.

dave m

If you want to just use excel as a check list there is a way.
1.enter task in a cell.ie Doors locked. in the next cell type yes and then
format the Yes cell (both background and text colour) to, lets say grey(grey
is good cos its not an excel default text colour.). the cell will look empty.
When you want to check it off click on cell and click on Font colour
button.(make sure font colour is not same colour as cell.
Hope this helps.